The Transport Research Knowledge Centre – TRKC is a free database featuring up-to-date information on European transport research activities. It is designed to raise awareness of the outputs of transport research at European, national and international levels. TRKC provides analyses on how transport research results can be utilised to stimulate innovation in transport and to shape European transport policy for sustainable mobility. To this end the TRKC collects, structures and analyses transport research results from across the European Research Area and disseminates the gained knowledge through the dedicated TRKC web portal.
The TRKC information portal comprises:
- information on over 300 ongoing and completed European, national and international transport research programmes and on almost 6500 research projects;
- available project database of 425 projects from FP6 and over 200 from FP7;
- main results and policy implications of the projects are outlined and categorised into key thematic areas;
- short thematic brochures presenting the highlights of the research results according to policy topics;
- information on transport events, publications and contacts, links to transport research government institutions, professional organisations, information relays;
- glossary of transport-related abbreviation.